openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Dick Groskamp <th.grosk...@quicknet.nl>
Subject Re: Is text segment lost?
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 15:09:53 GMT
Op 3-10-2013 14:52, kjell@kemedhaug.net schreef:
> Is there something missing from the English text?
>
> -----------------
> File: dbaccess/source/ui/querydesign.po
> Locations: query.src#STR_ERROR_PARSING_STATEMENT.string.text
>
> $object$ is based on an SQL command which could not be parsed.(except
> "SQL command", which doesn't make sense here) will be inserted.
> -----------------
>  It seems to me like it is missing something in the middle, between
> the period and the opening parenthesis.
>
> I envision a variable/placeholder, perhaps for some component of
> $object$ which has been parsed successfully. Also, the quoted "SQL
> command" looks a little out of place.
>
> Even if it is correct as it is, I find myself unable to translate the
> string without knowing the context.
>
> Sincerely
> Kjell

No, nothing missing.
You should ignore/delete everything after the period.

The part between parenthesis should be removed

And yes, $object$ is indeed a placeholder that couldn't be parsed.

Leave "$object$" as it is
and translate "is based on an SQL command which could not be parsed."

That should be all, leave everything else out.

String refers to a command what was written in SQL but that could not be
ran (parsed).
Maybe because of a wrong word or operator in the SQL command

Hope it is claerer so

--
DiGro