openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dead link to complete list of languages in Native-Lang Confederation
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2013 20:42:34 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 2:44 AM, Tae Wong wrote:
>> In the Native-Lang Confederation page, this link is removed. ...
>> This link http://l10n.openoffice.org/languages.html uses a complete
>> list and is removed.
> So what do we want linked here?  Localizations that are complete or
> in-progress?  If so we should just link to Pootle.

(Tae Wong, you are not subscribed; follow the conversation at
http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3A+org.apache.incubator.ooo-l10n )

We could reuse the same short links collection that I put at
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Languages
(except the last one).

> IMHO, we should also remove references to the NCL.  It refers to a
> unit of organization, governance and process from OpenOffice.org days
> that does not exist at Apache.

Yes, the NLC itself does not exist. The page should be rewritten by only
referencing "native languages" and "volunteers". We should still
preserve the table though: believe it or not, it is the only way for
someone visiting www.openoffice.org to reach a native-language website.

Regards,
   Andrea.