openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is text segment lost?
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 19:39:48 GMT
On 3 October 2013 21:30, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:

> kjell wrote:
>
>> Yes, if only the first clause should be there, it makes better sense.
>> The "surplus" should be removed from the English too, then, right?
>>

> It is already, but for version 4.1.x. You are currently translating
> version 4.0.x since it is the latest stable one.
>
> In general, remember that you can often find solutions in the mailing list
> archives: http://openoffice.apache.org/**mailing-lists.html#**
>
> For example, if you search "$object$" in http://markmail.org/search/+**
> list:org.apache.incubator.ooo-**l10n<http://markmail.org/search/+list:org.apache.incubator.ooo-l10n>you
will find the other discussions about this problem.

>  I see the same incomplete clause is also added in a few other places,
>> probably
>> an accidental paste. I will remove it where it doesn't make sense.
>>

> I remember fixing it in only one English string. If you find more, please
> provide their IDs here.
>
>  Also, I use several other support languages (Swedish, German and
>> Danish), and all of them have the unwanted content translated verbatim.
>> Not sure whether I have access to those areas, but I will have a look,
>> given time...
>>

> Strange that they have the wrong content, this has been discussed at
> length here. Anyway, you can currently edit other languages too, even
> though this is set to change in future (we will enable translators for
> specific languages).

not strange, just a timing issue, the danish string was translated before
the discussion broke out. And btw I prefer to have a translation that match
the en-US version, instead of a translation that match a potential future
version (who knows if it will be changed again).

rgds
jan I.