openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pootle update
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 13:25:22 GMT
On 3 October 2013 14:07, Pedro Albuquerque <palbuquerque73@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I've been reviewing PT UI translations in Pootle and this came up:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/**j1r0ofdd2s1oax6/Pootle_**unknown_error.png<https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1r0ofdd2s1oax6/Pootle_unknown_error.png>

it is a database error, that does not seem to have any effect, it should be
fixed in the next version of pootle.

> Can anyone tell me what it means?

it means "unknown" as it says, its an error that pootle does not handle,
primarely because it happens outside pootle. I found it because I have
access to the log files.

> Also, someone, previously, translated the application's names so I get,
> instead of 'Writer', 'Documento de texto' or 'Calc' to 'Folha de cálculo',
> all this in the opening menu:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/**udypp2d4ca8arak/opening_menu.**png<https://www.dropbox.com/s/udypp2d4ca8arak/opening_menu.png>
> I´ve search the source text for Writer, Calc and Draw so far and nothing
> came up untranslated:
> What is the .po file where this can be changed? Or where if not in Pootle?

It is somewhere in a .po file, but I cannot tell you where e.g. "Calc" is
translated about 20 times.

> Is genlang ready for use?

no.

rgds