openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Searching in Pootle
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2013 08:37:28 GMT
On 26 October 2013 01:28, Vladislav Stevanovic <
stevanovicvladislav@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> Does exist some kind "List of Regular Expressions" for purpose of searching
> in Pootle as we have inside applications in AOO?
> Example (from Help for AOO Calc):
> ^  = Only finds the search term if the term is at the beginning of a
> paragraph. Special objects such as empty fields or character-anchored
> frames, at the beginning of a paragraph are ignored. Example: "^Peter".

No pootle does not have search for regular expressions. Being a translation
tool, I think the developers dont see a need for a lot of searching across
terms. Instead they have identified and implemented a need for common
terms. You can make (see "da") and .po file with all the common terms, and
pootle will automatically suggest those.

Empty fields, should in the future not reach pootle, nor strings with a
single "-".

I am looking at a way to remove the <...> tags from the .po files, since
they should be left untranslated, and right now are the biggest single
syntactical error point in the translation work.

rgds
jan I.