openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Web site translation
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 23:02:41 GMT
On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Vladislav Stevanovic
<stevanovicvladislav@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> I finished translation. Here is -zip file.

Here it is in the test directory:

http://www.openoffice.org/sr-test/

Let's review that and see there are any broken links or other errors.

> Also, if I must making some changes, is there way to get premmision for
> that?

You could use the CMS if you want:

http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html#usage

But it is fine to send me changes for now, until we have the page
working in general.

One question:  The old Serbian home page was in Cyrillic:

http://www.openoffice.org/sr/

The new page is Latin.  What do we want the final URL to be?
www.openoffice/sr?   www.openoffice/sr-Lat?  Something else?

You can see what we did with the Chinese website, where there are two
different scripts, traditional and simplified:

http://www.openoffice.org/zh/

That page is a simple page that directs the user to /zh-CN
(simplified) or /zh-TW (traditional)

If we expect that we will eventually have a Cyrillic page we might
plan to have the same kind of structure, with a basic /sr page that
then points the user to the page with the right script.

What do you think?

Regards,

-Rob