openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dead link to complete list of languages in Native-Lang Confederation
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2013 11:24:31 GMT
On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 2:44 AM, Tae Wong <seotaewong40@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the Native-Lang Confederation page, this link is removed.
>
> Note: Not all languages are represented here, only those that have
> OpenOffice.org websites. For example, many of the African
> localizations are not listed. A complete list is also available.
>
> This link http://l10n.openoffice.org/languages.html uses a complete
> list and is removed.

So what do we want linked here?  Localizations that are complete or
in-progress?  If so we should just link to Pootle.

Or, if we want a list of all localizations, including those that are
stagnant, then we could link to this directory in the source
repository:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk/extras/l10n/source/

it is probably best to avoid trying to duplicate this
frequently-changing information on a web page.  It would quickly be
out-of-date.

IMHO, we should also remove references to the NCL.  It refers to a
unit of organization, governance and process from OpenOffice.org days
that does not exist at Apache.   We have volunteers, period.  Some
volunteers work on translations.  Some work on other things.  Some
work on translations and other things. But we all have an equal voice
in the project.

Of course, we should preserve any useful technical information from the NCL.

Regards,

-Rob