openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Jon Peli Oleaga <oleaga...@hotmail.com>
Subject Minor error in the help files in the English version?
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2013 18:14:34 GMT

When trying to translate into basque some help content I have found the following strings:

ki kibi 1024
Mi mebi 1048576
Gi gibi 1073741824
Ti tebi 1099511627776
Pi pebi 1125899906842620
Ei exbi 1152921504606850000
Zi zebi 1180591620717410000000
Yi yobi 1208925819614630000000000

I think that, in order to read them more easily, it would be better to insert the thousand
separator.
But, if it exists, this is not the error. I think that from the fifth item on the values are
not correct.

Those values are the ones that we get when multiplying directly in CALC the previous value
by 1.024, because we cannot get directly in CALC exact numbers with more than 15 digits.

Using the exact values, the strings should be:

ki kibi 1.024
Mi Mebi 1.048.576
Gi Gibi 1.073.741.824
Ti Tebi 1.099.511.627.776
Pi Pebi 1.125.899.906.842.624
Ei Exbi 1.152.921.504.606.846.976
Zi Zebi 1.180.591.620.717.411.303.424
Yi Yobi 1.208.925.819.614.629.174.706.176

Any way, perhaps those values are used in some functions and, not being possible to work with
numbers of more than 15 digits, the values already on the help files are the ones that must
appear. I have not got enough time to check how the CONVERT_ADD function works because still
there is a lot of things that must be translated.