openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Kjell <kj...@kemedhaug.net>
Subject SV:[Hebrew] "Pivot table"
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 07:35:36 GMT
Background (which you may already know. . .):

The pivot table is for  creating a cross tabulated summary, possibly in three dimensions
(using the page element).

The word pivot signifies a central point that an element rotates around.

My conclusion:
If "pivot" (any form of the word) is used in Hebrew and has a similar connotation (or if other
software titles use it, so it is commonly used in computing contexts), it is perhaps best
to go with that.
If not, your suggestion of "summary table" is certainly adequate. I don't know Hebrew, so
beyond the background fragments above there is nothing more I can contribute.

KjellTal Daniel <tal.reads@gmail.com> skrev:FYI, I chose to update the translations
of "pivot table" as "טבלת-סיכום"
(literally: summary-table). replacing the old term – "טבלת אשף הנתונים"
(lit.: data-wizard table) – which is confusing, TMHO.

I'm open to more suggestions.

Tal