openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Translation of name tag
Date Sun, 03 Nov 2013 13:25:44 GMT
Pedro Albuquerque wrote:
> I think it's the alternative attribute (therefore it should be
> translated), but, as you showed here, there are a lot more
> possibilities.

We've already had some discussions about this. For example:

http://markmail.org/message/mvtvpshy2hjt4zdu?q=list:+org.apache.incubator.ooo-l10n+name+attribute

The discussion was complex, but I think the outcome was clear: in the
OpenOffice help (this is not valid for the UI) you will find some
attributes in the form
name="..."
and they should be translated since OpenOffice will occasionally expose
their value (Regina mentioned this may happen with screen readers).

We have it in the manual too:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide/Translation_Built-in_Help
"You must not translate anything inside a tag but only the element
content. The only exception is the value of the name attribute of a link
element."

Regards,
   Andrea.