openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Replace words with codes in help
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 16:35:25 GMT
Hi Pedro,

Pedro Albuquerque schrieb:
> Em 12/11/2013 15:36, Regina Henschel escreveu:
>> Hi Pedro,
>>
>> Pedro Albuquerque schrieb:
>>> Hi,
>>> In Pootle Help files, can I replace the below text (in red):
>>>
>>> helpcontent2/source/text/smath/01.po
sign with one
>>> placeholder.</ahelp>
>>>
>>> by some code (ex: Unicode number: U+283C orHTML-code: &#643;in this
>>> example), in order to show the actual symbol instead of a word?
>>> Something like this:
>>>
>>> <ahelp hid="HID_SMA_INTX">Inserts U+0283C  with one placeholder.</ahelp>
>>
>> That makes no sense, because this text is the description for the
>> picture of the command. Please look into the help, Index > operators >
>> general. It belongs to a table, with the picture on the left side and
>> the text on the right side.
> Yes, I've seen it. It has a "x" to illustrate the placeholder. But also
> has the same word above. I personally think it's more a matter of
> choice, but if it's not possible...

BTW, the integral sign is U+222B.

"not possible" is not quite correct. But in the text the word 'integral'
makes more sense. If you do not like the picture with the x placeholder
and you have a better suggestion, you should open an issue in Bugzilla
for it. Same, if you have a better solution for the text.

Such changes should not be done in one translation in Pootle, but have
to be done in core, for the English original. And then will show up for
all languages.

Kind regards
Regina