openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Releasing new languages for 4.0.1
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 19:48:08 GMT
I started a discussion on the dev list last week to check whether there
is consensus in releasing new languages for 4.0.1:
http://markmail.org/thread/keap3twmumgsrfcy

The outcome is: if we manage to reach at least 5 additional languages
completed by November 30 (proposed deadline), we can add them to the
4.0.1 release in December.

So far we have:
1) Bulgarian - completed, ready to be added
2) Danish    - completed, ready to be added
3) Norwegian Bokmal - nearly done (200 words), likely to be ready in time

We need a couple additional languages by November 30. Do translators
believe they can make it?

Candidates are:
- Thai       - 2000 words and active
- Uighur     - 3500 words and active
- Hebrew     - 4000 words and active
- Catalan    - 5000 words and moderately active
- Indonesian - 4000 words and not active recently
- Icelandic  - 4000 words and not active recently
- Arabic     - 6500 words and not active recently

Note: This release is only to add new languages to the current version
(4.0.1). Languages that have already been released in 4.0.1 won't be
updated with this release. Work done in Pootle will be used for the 4.1
release (early 2014), or for a possible 4.0.2 that is not on schedule now.

Regards,
   Andrea.