openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: translate of "Apache OpenOffice genLang - EXPERIMENTAL, DON'T USE"
Date Sat, 02 Nov 2013 23:03:31 GMT
On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 3:24 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:

> janI wrote:
>
>> When creating new users, it might be an idea, only to give access to the
>> active AOO translation projects.
>>

> This is what I am doing now. So, for example, euelena is a user in the
> global Pootle and a user in the Romanian aoo40 project. But we are not
> (yet) filtering out people: so a German translator can now edit Spanish
> translations too, and euelena can edit genlang translations too, simply
> because the default permissions are made this way.
>
> At a certain point we will restrict global privileges and "unusual"
> translation activities will require explicit whitelisting. But we are not
> there yet, even if all accounts created in the last several weeks are
> already configured properly.

‚ÄčThis is usually why leads or project managers used to be set in place and
projects were separated. Lead in Spanish had different roles than Lead in
German, etc. My belief is that eliminating roles is a free for all similar
to the way the wiki is structure, since everyone can read/write documents
on any NLC.

AFAIK there is a legitimate reason for leads as routers of information and
quickly know people responsible for modules or with specialized projects.
This is particularly useful in activities such as QA and bug reporting. ‚Äč