openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Galician NGO challenges gvt support for proprietary software
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 07:45:07 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:
> https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/community/osor/news/galician-ngo-challenges-gvt-support-proprietary-software
> This article talks about a new "Hunspell variant" for enhanced
> Galician support.  Does anyone know, is this really new Hunspell code?
>   Or is it just a new dictionary?   We want to avoid per-language spell
> checking code, right?

Anton (in CC) is an OpenOffice committer, so he will let us know.
Indeed, it seems reasonable that this is either a new dictionary file or
a dictionary file taking advantage of new (standard) features in
Hunspell. In either case, support for it can be integrated into
OpenOffice if we have more information.

Regards,
   Andrea.