openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: embedvar translation
Date Sun, 15 Dec 2013 16:46:02 GMT
On 12/12/2013 Pedro Albuquerque wrote:
> If I'm not mistaken, this string
> helpcontent2/source/text/scalc/01.po
> 04060102.xhp#par_idN10683.help.text
> <embedvar href="text/scalc/01/func_workday.xhp#workday"/>
> will show an internal link to the corresponding function (WORKDAY in
> this case). So far so good. But the problem is that the link shows
> exactly as WORKDAY. It should show the corresponding translation,
> DIA.TRABALHO in the Portuguese-Pt case.

The Italian version keeps this string unchanged, even though the
function name is different. But honestly I don't know what to open in
the OpenOffice help to see if that is working correctly in the Italian
version.

Regina wrote a good description of embeds at
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide/Translation_Built-in_Help#Embedded_Content
but it's unclear from it if we should let them unchanged (since they are
IDs, I think this is the right behavior; but it is not stated in the
wiki page).

Regards,
   Andrea.