openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: en_GB speller - V2.07 - released - 27-NOV-2013
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2013 11:30:35 GMT
On 27/11/2013 Marco A.G.Pinto wrote:
> Hello my dear ones,
> I have released an update for my forked en_GB speller.
> Can Andrea pack an extension with it for AOO and LO?

Hello Marco, thank you for preparing this dictionary (and I know another
version is coming). I cannot package it as a separate extension (either
for OpenOffice or LibreOffice) since I wouldn't then be able to maintain it.

What I can surely do, and probably the most useful for users, is that I
copy your files into
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/aoo-dict-en (the extension
that contains all English -US and GB and other variants- dictionaries
and that we ship with Apache OpenOffice).

Since this extension is bundled with almost any version of OpenOffice we
distribute, I update it quite rarely, usually matching an OpenOffice
release, so that people will already have a new version when they
download the latest OpenOffice release.

This means that I will probably copy your work into
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/aoo-dict-en when the next
OpenOffice release approaches. I will send a dictionary update warning
to this list anyway.

Regards,
   Andrea.