openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Anton Meixome <meix...@certima.net>
Subject Re: Galician NGO challenges gvt support for proprietary software
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 08:53:48 GMT
2013/12/2 Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org>:
> Rob Weir wrote:
>>

>> https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/community/osor/news/galician-ngo-challenges-gvt-support-proprietary-software
>> This article talks about a new "Hunspell variant" for enhanced
>> Galician support.  Does anyone know, is this really new Hunspell code?
>>   Or is it just a new dictionary?   We want to avoid per-language spell
>> checking code, right?
>

> Anton (in CC) is an OpenOffice committer, so he will let us know. Indeed, it
> seems reasonable that this is either a new dictionary file or a dictionary
> file taking advantage of new (standard) features in Hunspell. In either
> case, support for it can be integrated into OpenOffice if we have more
> information.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.

Hi all,

@ Rob
It's a new dictionary, no a code variant from Hunspell. The article
talks/confront our standard hunspell with other spell checker (Galgo,
code privative and only available for MsOffice
http://www.xunta.es/linguagalega/galgo) founded by galician
Administration with public and linguistic resources while are retailed
or subtract for free resources.

@ Andrea
Our recent hunspell versions (12.10 and 13.10) are a very hugh
evolution, on all aspects so technical, linguistic or social. Now, we
can produce semiautomatic specializated versions on demand

Important question:

We have 2 versions for each release and we DON'T want embed the
version for standalone extension in the release code of AOO. «Default»
subversion is pure academic criterion, standalone subversion is a mix
with resources from other sources and community criterion.  So, please
left manage our way this local feature.

http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/corrector-ortografico-hunspell-para-galego

Cheers,

Antón

--
Antón Méixome - Galician Native Lang Coordination
Galician community LibO & AOO