openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From jan i <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: embedvar translation
Date Sun, 15 Dec 2013 17:16:21 GMT
On 15 December 2013 17:46, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:

> On 12/12/2013 Pedro Albuquerque wrote:
>
>> If I'm not mistaken, this string
>> helpcontent2/source/text/scalc/01.po
>> 04060102.xhp#par_idN10683.help.text
>> <embedvar href="text/scalc/01/func_workday.xhp#workday"/>
>> will show an internal link to the corresponding function (WORKDAY in
>> this case). So far so good. But the problem is that the link shows
>> exactly as WORKDAY. It should show the corresponding translation,
>> DIA.TRABALHO in the Portuguese-Pt case.
>>

> The Italian version keeps this string unchanged, even though the function
> name is different. But honestly I don't know what to open in the OpenOffice
> help to see if that is working correctly in the Italian version.
>
> Regina wrote a good description of embeds at
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide/
> Translation_Built-in_Help#Embedded_Content
> but it's unclear from it if we should let them unchanged (since they are
> IDs, I think this is the right behavior; but it is not stated in the wiki
> page).

The main problem here is to be consistent. Best choice is to leaven them
unchanged (in both places). Havoc starts to rise, if you translate one part
but not the other.

I wrote a compare function for genLang to check for exactly this
consistency, but not even the en-US (original source) was consistent so I
dropped that idea.

rgds
jan I.