openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Quechua? And other Native American languages?
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2014 08:07:20 GMT
Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
> Do we have a current localization effort for Quechua (or for that
> matter, for other Native American languages?

We have three levels of language support:

1) Those listed at https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40/ are
being actively supported (we have volunteers working on them); a new
volunteer here can be immediately productive.

2) Those at
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/extras/l10n/source/ are
supported but not updated (we have no volunteers working on them, so for
the time being we didn't import them into Pootle yet). A new volunteer
will have to wait that we import them in Pootle.

3) The other ones are unsupported. We may or may not have locale data
for a given language (try setting the language in Format - Character and
see if it is on list). In the worst case, like Lao, we will have to both
create the Pootle project and add the locale data, see Lao
http://markmail.org/message/ercx6nugycs6cbiw for an example.

In any case, reaching out to new volunteers and bringing them to this
list is surely appreciated.

Regards,
   Andrea.