openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: English Dictionaries 2014-01-01
Date Sat, 18 Jan 2014 20:37:38 GMT
Marco A.G.Pinto wrote:
> I pressed the "PUBLISH" button in the "English Dictionaries" but the new
> version, 2014-01-01, doesn't appear in replacement of the old one.

Good! I'm happy that we have a new maintainer for it. As for the
"Unpublished" status, I think it's unrelated. Probably you edited the
extension description (not the release; the main extension description)
and this triggered an anti-spam filter.

> *This extension is currently not published, please contact the system
> administrator at aooadmin@users.sourceforge.net to have it published."*
> What shall I do? I am sending an e-mail anyway.

If you already did what you were instructed to do, it's OK and you just
need to wait. Then, when the extension is republished, you will still
have to wait a few days (so it's normal that you see "no updates
available"), then OpenOffice users will get notified of the new version.

> Should I update Apache's dictionary every month or only at a certain pace?

I recommend that you check that everything works this time, and make the
next update shortly before it can be integrated into OpenOffice 4.1.0
and publish it a few days after OpenOffice 4.1.0. This is what I did
with 4.0.1.

Regards,
   Andrea.