openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spanish -- what variaties do we support?
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 21:41:10 GMT
Rob Weir wrote:
> A question we received on Facebook that I did not have an answer for.
> Do we support Latin American Spanish?

There are many people who know the issue better than me, but at the
moment we distribute one Spanish version and we host a variety of
Spanish dictionaries on the Extensions site.

> I know there are differences in the spoken language, but are there
> many in writing?
> Is there any demand for a translation?

I don't recall anyone writing to this list and volunteering to make a
variant of the Spanish UI translation.

> Do we have spell checking dictionary support for Latin American Spanish?

Many, many of them. Search "diccionario" on the Extensions site:

http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/search?query=diccionario&sort_by=field_project_stats_year&sort_order=DESC

You will see dozens of variants of the same dictionary, released by the
same project and specialized for specific countries/cultures.

Regards,
   Andrea.