openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: National web sites
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 18:30:26 GMT
CC:ing some of the other Norwegian language contributors - any objections to nuking the old
site and starting afresh as proposed below? Who could take the first stab at this in time
for 4.1 release?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

7. jan. 2014 kl. 03:11 skrev Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org>:

> On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 6:56 PM, Jan Høydahl <jan.asf@cominvent.com> wrote:
>> I'm a bit short on time right now.
>>
>> Perhaps the Norwegian contributors should first discuss a strategy for the web site,
and then the first of us who volunteer some time will execute the plan.

>> The old web site is sadly out of date and gives a bad impression for for users and
sends an unfortunate signal that "this product is not actively maintained". I'm tempted to
start afresh with a brand new copy of the site, starting with a front page translation, and
then adding more pages. Perhaps some of the old content may be re-used, but it will take some
effort to QA all of it, check whether listed companies still provide support etc.

> It can always be done a part at a time.  The pages that are not
> translated would then be in English.  For example, even just
> translating two pages, the home page and the download page, will be an
> improvement.
>
> -Rob
>

>> What do you Nowegian guys in here think?
>>
>> --
>> Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
>> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com
>>
>> 6. jan. 2014 kl. 15:17 skrev Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org>:

pretty up to date except the social media logos missing.

>>> Actually, the current base is here:
>>>
>>> http://www.openoffice.org/xx/
>>>
>>> That has the correct social media logos.  But the news stories on the
>>> right are not current.
>>>
>>> I wrote up some instructions/hints on how to translate the website.
>>> It is HTML and MDText files, with no Pootle involved:
>>>
>>> http://openoffice.apache.org/website-native.html
>>>
>>> If you are interested in doing this, let me know and I can email you a
>>> ZIP of the files.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> -Rob

is in pretty bad shape. Most links and content in the left menu is outdated and/or wrong.
I'd like to start by moving the old homepage to /no/old and start a pure translation of the
official home-page into Norwegian, much like they have done for /es/. Then we can start filling
in relevant national content step by step.

guide for how to manage a translation, both initially and keeping it up to date? Or is it
all manual?