openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Yaron Shahrabani <sh.ya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Massive Find & Replace a Pootle Translation?
Date Mon, 26 May 2014 15:58:31 GMT
On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 5:20 PM, Tal Daniel <tal.reads@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 26, Yaron Shahrabani wrote:
>
> > Hi Tal!
> > You can download the file, make the required replacements and upload
> back.
> >
> Thanks, it works! That was simple :)
> I'll try to make batch changes to a small PO file, and upload it, in order
> to verify the process works smoothly.
>
> If unsure about the replacements you can always use the search confirmation
> > method in VIM.
> >
> I usually don't work with the vim tool, but I'll contact you, if I need
> further help.

There are plenty of tools you can use but if you need Regex and
confirmation it will get the job done quite easily.

If you want to be a little more risky you can try a combination of grep,
find, sed etc., not sure about confirmation but they are very good for
massive string replacement.

Kind regards,
Yaron.