openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Tal Daniel <tal.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [www] [SUGGEST] Change "Native Language" to Dropdown/select box
Date Thu, 15 May 2014 18:35:44 GMT
On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 11:23 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org>wrote:

> Tal Daniel wrote:
>
>> I used only "Level 2" languages, as specified at the "Native Language"
>> page
>>
> (http://www.openoffice.org/projects/native-lang.html).
>>

> That page is outdated. [...] The best thing to do is to start with the 38
> released languages, with the same names we use in other.html. [...]
>
> The other languages should be reachable through an "Other" link, last in
> drop-drown, leading to the native-lang.html page.

DONE. Thanks for this idea. I've fixed the language selection dropdown to
~38 supported languages, as you recommended. Removed Khmer and English UK,
which weren't supported.

To fix accessibility too, "Language:" could be turned into a simple link
> ("<a>...</a>" tag) pointing to native-lang.html too.
>
> Maybe we'll do that in the future, but I'm almost sure Select is
accessible for screen readers and keyboard navigation.

> Note: the staging site http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/ can be
> published to the main site any time [...] so it's better to use the test
> area at http://www.openoffice.org/test/.

Thanks; I'm aware of that Andrea. I had no choice, since I had to tweak the
global brand.html template, after I didn't find a way to override it in
localized sites.
I published it in the global template only after testing it a bit at the
Hebrew site, first.