openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Tal Daniel <tal.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [www] [SUGGEST] Change "Native Language" to Dropdown/select box
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 17:04:02 GMT
On Tue, May 13, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> Tal Daniel wrote:
>
>> I'd like to suggest to replace the "Native Language" link, on
>> www.openoffice.org menu to a more visible dropbox. ...
>>
>> Totally agree. [...] The JavaScript drop-down should not list all
> available languages [...] but only those that are maintained.

Update: I've sent a separate email with a test dropdown box for languages.
I used only "Level 2" languages, as specified at the "Native Language" page
(http://www.openoffice.org/projects/native-lang.html).

+ Since the NL page was last updated in 2010, don't you think that we
should start with English only dropdown, and add languages by request of
active translation communities?

Tal