openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Tal Daniel <tal.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HE] Borders / Frames translation
Date Sat, 31 May 2014 20:32:58 GMT
On Sat, May 31, Yaron Shahrabani wrote:

> I support your מסגרות decision.
>
> As for the second set of suggestions I would go with איזור תחום (the
> joining Maqaf is not needed).
>
> Thanks for your agreement & suggestion, Yaron.

> BTW are you using the proper Hebrew symbols in your translation? (Maqaf -
> ־, Geresh - ׳, Gershayim - ״, Proper Hebrew quotation symbols - „“, etc.)
>
> No, I'm using the more common characters that the Hebrew keyboard offers,
for now. I also use single-quotes and double-quotes as shown in the English.
As for the Maqaf character,  I while ago I shared with you, that I think
that it isn't that legible on screens (I mean it's is more suitable for
print, TMHO). However, we can make a vote on that, in the future, and make
a batch change of all occurrences. Also, it's not that easy to type it,
using the keyboard. any suggestion?

Tal

--
טל