openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Tal Daniel <tal.re...@gmail.com>
Subject [HE] Borders / Frames translation
Date Sat, 31 May 2014 05:52:16 GMT
For day 1, I saw a problem in translating Borders to גבולות (literally:
limits, or country borders). Borders are used as separator lines, and
sometimes are titled "border lines". A while ago, I've changed Borders
translation across AOO to מסגרות (frames), to be more clear and use a more
common word, than גבולות, which is not a good choice, TMHO, in this case
(although that's what MS Office used, or still use).

As a result of that, the translation of "Frame" and "Borders" was the same
(מסגרות), so I finally chose to solve that by also changing the translation
of Frames to either אזור-מסגרת, או  (frame-area), אזור-ממוסגר
(framed-area), or  איזור-תחום (framed/confined-area).

I haven't decided yet which translation I'll choose for the Frames
translation.
Do you have any preference for the translation of the word Frames?

Tal