openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Website: Detecting Visitor's Locale
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2014 22:27:38 GMT
Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> if you want to go to a different NL website then just use the language
> box on top right.

The issue is clear, right? If I am in Lithuania and I want to see the
English site, with the "forced" redirect (the other option) in place I
cannot do so unless we implement further kludges (but I think it's clear).

> Please note that this is the global website, so there is no Italian or
> other localized version. One for all. ;-)

Why? It is just a matter of maintaining an array. This is a case where
having the string in the "right" language is quite important, since the
users who will benefit most from this are those users from, say,
Lithuania, who strongly prefer content in Lithuanian to content in English.

Regards,
   Andrea.