openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gothic language for OpenOffice
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2015 13:03:47 GMT
On 12/01/2015 Roel AAA wrote:
> I 'm currently developing a Gothic dictionary file

Is it this language?
http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/documentation.asp?id=got
If a language has an ISO code, it's much easier for us to handle it,
especially as document language.

> Is it possible to have Gothic available among the languages
> in the language settings so that my dictionary can in fact be used when it is finished?

It's perfectly possible, but only in a new release of OpenOffice. Note
that this has nothing to do with the user interface language: the
difference is between being able to tell OpenOffice "This document is in
Italian" and using OpenOffice with menus in Italian. We are discussing
the former case here.

> If it's impossible to build a custom dictionary with a .aff file
> for a language which isn't included, I can just make a .dic file too

If a language is supported you can use the normal .aff/.dic structure.
Search the list archives for Sursilvan for similar discussions:
http://markmail.org/search/list:org.apache.incubator.ooo-l10n

So: if you would like to have Gothic available as a document language,
please answer the above and we can take a look. As for the dictionary,
you can test it with a current version of OpenOffice by declaring it as
a dictionary for a language that you don't use, like Esperanto or
whatever. Of course, you will then properly change it to Gothic before
releasing it in public.

Regards,
   Andrea.