openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Website: switching language keeps relative page
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2015 18:30:41 GMT
Am 01/16/2015 04:28 PM, schrieb Aivaras Stepukonis:
> You seem to be referring to the same issue. Is it a good thing to
> localize the names of folders and files? I am not a programmer but it
> looks to me that it would create clutter, no?

that's a good question, indeed. :-) We need to answer this (and find a
common agreement, of course) before we can change a thing.

> The folders and files of the website are not there to address the
> visitors of the website interested in AOO as a software product. The
> folders and files of the website are things "under the hood" and as such
> should stay in English. And even English here is better understood not
> as a vernacular, but a universally adopted tagging or marking technique.
> So I would tend not to localize the names of folders and files.

 From an admin point of view I would agree with you. However, I'll ask a
colleague at work if there will be any problems with SEO when we
keep/change every directory and file name in English (e.g., getting a
bad ranking in Google search results).

Marcus