openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Website: proposal for new contributors page
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 19:10:56 GMT

> On 23 Jan 2015, at 11:03, Aivaras Stepukonis <astepukonis@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'd like to share with you a proposal for adding to the website a page dedicated to contributors.
>
> For an example, please, see "http://www.openoffice.org/lt/participate/contributors".
>
> The webpage should be accessible from the navigation bar (i.e., Product | Download |
Support | ... | Contributors).

> The webpage is intended for the world at large, not the contributors' community (we have
directories of volunteers in the Wiki for this). It is meant to increase our chances to be
seen as contributors and to build social bridges to the external world by providing concise
information about ourselves as volunteers and contributors.

> What do you think?
>
> Regards,
> Aivaras

It's an interesting idea but a) I think this post ought to be to the dev@ list or marketing@;
and b) we currently use http://www.openoffice.org/welcome/credits.html, which is referred
to by the OpenOffice splash screen (I think) and "About" screen and probably elsewhere (at
one point, I think it was listed in the marketing project, download, etc.). In general, I'm
reluctant to add new or change existing pages unless there's a compelling reason to, as that
way bitrot lies. However, we can also add more pages that refer to those lists.

louis