openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Roel AAA <roel11...@live.nl>
Subject RE: Gothic language for OpenOffice
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 22:13:28 GMT

If it's impossible to build a custom dictionary with a .aff file for a language which isn't
included, I can just make a .dic file too in which I will insert all declinations and conjugations
manually, which will take a lot of work, but if it's impossible to do it with a .aff file,
I 'll have to.
I have been looking for several hours these days, but can't find anywhere how you can simply
merge a .dic and .aff file for a language which is not supported yet.
Roel

> From: roel11112@live.nl
> To: l10n@openoffice.apache.org
> Subject: Gothic language for OpenOffice
> Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 22:21:53 +0100
>
> Hello there,
> I 'm currently developing a Gothic dictionary file, not only for linguists or people
interested in language, but also for people writing modern texts in Gothic or translating
missing parts of the Bible, too often I see mistakes in those texts and a dictionary in a
text program could help those people. The problem is, in both OpenOffice and LibreOffice there
is no Gothic language available. Is it possible to have Gothic available among the languages
in the language settings so that my dictionary can in fact be used when it is finished?