openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From "Marco A.G.Pinto" <marcoagpi...@mail.telepac.pt>
Subject Dictionaries US/CA
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2015 15:35:50 GMT
Hello!

Yesterday (2015-02-15) Kevin Atkinson released an update for US and CA.

I have been working on en_GB but so far I have only added around 300 new
words this month, because I have been terribly busy.

I will try to add as many as possible before the official .OXT release
on 2015-03-01.

:-P

The news: the next update will have newer US+CA+the usual monthly GB update.

We are heading in the right direction and, in a year or two, we will
have the best open-source dictionaries... at least for GB since it has
over 10 000 new words since I embraced the project...

I want people to write Masters/PhD thesis with AOO in a year from now...
the trick is to use also the LanguageTool add-on for grammar checking (I
am creating the Portuguese rules for it).

PS->I can't remember if I already mentioned this, but I bought an Oxford
Gold Account in the beginning of the year to have access to all
examples. I hope people will realize that this is a serious effort to
develop the best en_GB around, soon better than commercial software.

Kind regards,