openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New version of Spanish Dictionaries for OpenOffice.org
Date Sun, 12 Apr 2015 14:06:57 GMT
On 11/04/2015 Ricardo Palomares Martínez wrote:
> IIRC, posting here the link to new versions is enough for you to
> include them in the Spanish binaries of next scheduled version of
> OpenOffice.org. Am I right?

Almost. We need to see them uploaded to the Extensions site since we
can't depend on external sites. Currently, our source code
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/trunk/main/extensions.lst?view=markup
uses http://extensions.openoffice.org/node/1657 (release number 4, which
is your 0.7).

> Last time we asked about it, extensions in OpenOffice.org repository
> could be managed only by one user, which was managed by Santiago
> Bosio, original author of RLA-ES project. Unfortunately, Santiago has
> strong personal issues which forces him to be away from the project,
> so we can't count on him to be available to upload the new version.

Extensions can be maintained by a team. I recommend that you ask to be
added as co-maintainers for that extension, or for a set of extensions.
You will need to register first. Then the current maintainer can add
your account as co-maintainer and you will be able to upload new
releases. If Santiago is unavailable, it is still recommended that he at
least sends an e-mail to this list with his approval, and we can then
look for a way to get the actual work done by a site administrator.

Regards,
   Andrea.