openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Cannot download 4.1.2
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2016 22:49:52 GMT
Am 01/11/2016 03:55 PM, schrieb Jan Høydahl:
> Regarding the Gatekeeper security setting - there have been many people opening bugs
for it,
> and one reason is perhaps that this OSX requirement is not mentioned in the Readme.html
contained in the DMG.
> Also, the release notes page is not linked from the Readme, only from the downloads page.
Should we fix it?

sure, we can add a note into the Readme. But - back to the problem you
have solved with Frank and assumed I understood it right - this would
not help when the DMG file cannot be downloaded because of the
Gatekeeper. ;-)

It would be better to add this to the system requirements (strange that
it is still not there, I would add it) or an additional hint on the
download webpage only when something for OS X was selected.

A respective text paragraph is added to the release notes since version
4.0. So, copying to the Readme file and download webpage should be easy.

My 2 ct.

Marcus

>> 11. jan. 2016 kl. 13.25 skrev Jan Høydahl<jan.asf@cominvent.com>:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I chatted offline with Frank, and we resolved the issue.
>>
>> The reason for confusion was the fact that AOO OSX binaries are blocked by OSX’s
Gatekeeper by default.
>> After allowing apps from all sources, it succeeded.
>>
>> I still believe it is pretty bad that we encourage users to allow installing apps
from any source.
>> Have we investigated how we could start signing our OSX binaries, like Libre has
been doing for the past 2-3 releases?
>> Or even publish through the Mac App Store. NeoOffice does so, so it should be possible?
>>
>> --
>> Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
>> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com
>>
>>> 9. jan. 2016 kl. 12.34 skrev Frank Micheelsen<frank.micheelsen@hotmail.com>:
>>>
>>> It simply does’nt work.
>>>
>>> Could you please make it, so I do not receive the announcement, that version
4.1.2 is available. It irritates, that it pops up all the time.

Danish is 3.

download for OS X (64-bit) in Danish with 4.1.2 is working on [1]. As alternative link you
can use the link from [2] to get this version.

The site contained mainly green and yellow colors and it apparently does not exist anymore.
It can not be opened anymore.
english version that is being installed om my MacBook Air.
not have the 4.1.2 it cannot be installed.

That's why I've asked for the URL. ;-)

"dk" - if it's this what you have tried:

(of course, if English is no problem):

of OpenOffice and I have made donation although my creditcard was copied in the US, which
is the only place I have used it.