openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [*** SPAM ***] Re: Cannot download 4.1.2
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2016 17:30:48 GMT
Am 01/14/2016 11:08 AM, schrieb Jan H√łydahl:
>>> Also, the release notes page is not linked from the Readme, only from the downloads
page. Should we fix it?

>> sure, we can add a note into the Readme. But - back to the problem you have solved
with Frank and assumed I understood it right - this would not help when the DMG file cannot
be downloaded because of the Gatekeeper. ;-)

> You can download it and even install it, but the Gatekeeper will stop you from executing
the binary unless you relax your security settings in System Preferences. Franks problem was
mainly that he still had an old install lying around, and his Dock shortcut still pointed
to that one.

OK, that I didn't know.

>> It would be better to add this to the system requirements (strange that it is still
not there, I would add it) or an additional hint on the download webpage only when something
for OS X was selected.

> Perfect, perhaps start with a prominent note in README for Mac.

Right, but I don't know if we have special Readme's for different
platforms. Anyway, it is controlled in the SVN code repository.

>> A respective text paragraph is added to the release notes since version 4.0. So,
copying to the Readme file and download webpage should be easy.

> But a much better approach is to sign our OSX releases.

Sure but this is a different topic for a (as I've seen already) new topic.

Marcus