openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Jan H√łydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Cannot download 4.1.2
Date Thu, 14 Jan 2016 10:08:01 GMT
>> Also, the release notes page is not linked from the Readme, only from the downloads
page. Should we fix it?

> sure, we can add a note into the Readme. But - back to the problem you have solved with
Frank and assumed I understood it right - this would not help when the DMG file cannot be
downloaded because of the Gatekeeper. ;-)

You can download it and even install it, but the Gatekeeper will stop you from executing the
binary unless you relax your security settings in System Preferences. Franks problem was mainly
that he still had an old install lying around, and his Dock shortcut still pointed to that
one.

> It would be better to add this to the system requirements (strange that it is still not
there, I would add it) or an additional hint on the download webpage only when something for
OS X was selected.

Perfect, perhaps start with a prominent note in README for Mac.

> A respective text paragraph is added to the release notes since version 4.0. So, copying
to the Readme file and download webpage should be easy.

But a much better approach is to sign our OSX releases.

But I see tons of heated discussions about this topic already back in 2012 - were there ever
a conclusion to whether the PMC was allowed to request a separate AOO signing ID, or if the
ASF centrally were able/willing to setup a signing infrastructure using a central Apache signing
ID? LibreOffice signs their OSX releases with a TDF identity.

Jan