openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Arabic translation complete for Apache OpenOffice 4.x
Date Sat, 24 Feb 2018 06:45:56 GMT
On 23/02/2018 Pedro Albuquerque wrote:
> Em Thu, 22 Feb 2018 22:53:33 +0000
> Ahmad Alawsie escreveu:
>> Andrea: so can you give me instructions on how i would be able to
>> test this. If you could give me a step by step guide to test this
>> arabic version, i would be glad to help. I’m ready at your service
>> for this.

Thank you Ahmad. I think Matthias will share a link where you can
download a test version as soon as it is available online. Please note:
this is an initial test version, not including your work yet; we will
use it to check the current state of translation and whether we can
build it with the current tools. It is expected to still contain
untranslated strings, but you should check that the part that is
translated makes sense (for example, by quickly checking the menus in
all modules).

> I'm available to help for Portuguese to.

Thanks Pedro, but for Portuguese this step is unnecessary since it was
already released; basically what we are trying at this stage is simply
to build Arabic 4.1.5 with the strings we already had. And Portuguese
would be unchanged from the released version. The next step (bringing in
the latest Pootle strings, already attempted and failed for Portuguese
and French) will involve Portuguese, French, Arabic and other languages
that we can agree upon later.

Regards,
   Andrea.