openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Matthias Seidel <matthias.sei...@hamburg.de>
Subject Re: Arabic translation complete for Apache OpenOffice 4.x
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2018 23:48:24 GMT
> On 22/02/2018 Ahmad Alawsie wrote:
>> Andrea, I have windows, so how can we start with this process?
>
> This makes things a bit more complex, but as a first step I (but
> Matthis can do this better than me!) would simply add Arabic to the
> 4.1.5 buildbots; this will not contain your latest fixes, but it's
> important for us to check that we can build Arabic; and you can play
> with it, even though the translation will still be incomplete. The
> next step is then incorporating your fixes.
>
> Matthias: I haven't tried, but I don't expect huge build issues if you
> simply add "ar" to the list of languages at the configure step. We
> haven't built Arabic for a long time, so we totally need to do it to
> allow a native speaker to check how broken the current SDF file is
> (it's probably still from 3.x, but it should work for the 4.1.5 build
> too; it will just miss some strings, so there will be some parts in
> English).

Hi Andrea,

I already tried a local build in Arabic for Windows.
The installation directory is being created but when packaging the
download file with NSIS there is an error.
All I could do is to upload a ZIP of the installation files. I will
start a new build and probably upload tomorrow...

Since the additional packaging with NSIS is unique for Windows a build
for Linux may be successful.
(We use NSIS 3.x since 4.1.3 so that may be a problem)

Additionally I added "ar" to the Windows buildbot and forced a new build.

Regards, Matthias