openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Arabic translation complete for Apache OpenOffice 4.x
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2018 22:49:52 GMT
On 22/02/2018 Ahmad Alawsie wrote:
> Andrea, I have windows, so how can we start with this process?

This makes things a bit more complex, but as a first step I (but Matthis
can do this better than me!) would simply add Arabic to the 4.1.5
buildbots; this will not contain your latest fixes, but it's important
for us to check that we can build Arabic; and you can play with it, even
though the translation will still be incomplete. The next step is then
incorporating your fixes.

Matthias: I haven't tried, but I don't expect huge build issues if you
simply add "ar" to the list of languages at the configure step. We
haven't built Arabic for a long time, so we totally need to do it to
allow a native speaker to check how broken the current SDF file is (it's
probably still from 3.x, but it should work for the 4.1.5 build too; it
will just miss some strings, so there will be some parts in English).

Regards,
   Andrea.