openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Ahmad Alawsie <ahmad.uni...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: ENCOUNTERED A UNWORKING BUTTON - IMPORTANT
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2018 23:31:04 GMT
I agree that removing it shouldn’t be a significant focus, but my job as a contributor to
the OpenOffice project, and Pootle, is not only to translate, but to report bugs too, and
I believe this is a non-functioning button, thus it shall be classified as a ‘Bug’. Also,
I do not think there should me immense focus on its removal, as we can ALL agree if there
is something that is non-functioning, and that will never be functioning due to it being a
paid service, then why not remove it and help the UI of Pootle improve in this sense. Removing
it should not take hours or days of someone’s time, and thus should be a straightforward
process.

Regards,
Ahmad

From: Marcus<mailto:marcus.mail@wtnet.de>
Sent: 07 February 2018 23:26
To: l10n@openoffice.apache.org<mailto:l10n@openoffice.apache.org>
Subject: Re: ENCOUNTERED A UNWORKING BUTTON - IMPORTANT

Am 08.02.2018 um 00:15 schrieb Ahmad Alawsie:
> Yes absolutely, that would make the UI so much more cleaner so translators do not get
confused as to why a non-functioning button exists.

as this is the first time - since many years of using Pootle - somebody
has noticed/mentioned the button and is claiming of its non-function, I
don't now if this is really a value add when we focus on its removal.

Maybe we should go back and concentrate on using the Pootle software:
with translations. ;-)

Marcus