openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Ahmad Alawsie <ahmad.uni...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: The suggestion mode does not make sense.....
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2018 01:55:18 GMT
This email has the screenshots composed in a word document as the previous email did not display
 the screenshots.

Kind regards,

Ahmad A
From: Ahmad Alawsie<mailto:ahmad.united@hotmail.com>
Sent: 09 February 2018 01:48
To: l10n@openoffice.apache.org<mailto:l10n@openoffice.apache.org>
Subject: The suggestion mode does not make sense.....

Hi all,

So while I’m translating, I thought to myself that I can try and test the suggestion mode
to see how it works and what can be improved...

So in this instance where I suggest a word/phrase, the suggestion goes through and will appear
as normal under the text field. However, it appears with an ‘x’ or tick, which seems to
break logic. It just does not make sense for a user to suggest a word, and then have the ability
to accept/reject the suggestion.

As a translator, what I expected for the suggestion mode is that, if a user suggests a translated
word/phrase, then it is only logical that the user cannot accept or reject their own suggestion.
It would make sense, though, that they have the ability to edit their submitted suggestion/s,
or delete it completely. I decided to test this ‘illogical’ function out and this is what
it looks like:

[cid:image002.png@01D3A148.179E3D80]

I submitted the suggestion (at the bottom of the screenshot), and as you can see, I am given
the options to accept or reject the suggestion... yet it is my own suggestion. I accepted
the suggestion and it now marks as 1 “accepted” on my profile (my username is skyray1).
My profile can be seen in the screenshot below, with the accepted column marking 1 on the
‘Apache OpenOffice 4.x Help<https://translate.apache.org/ar/aoo40help/>’ row.

[cid:image005.png@01D3A148.179E3D80]

The screenshot above now shows the number “1” after I had accepted my OWN suggestion.
In my opinion, this needs to change, as for logic’s sake, users should submit suggestions
for OTHERS to review, and not themselves.

Kind regards,

Ahmad A