openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Ahmad Alawsie <ahmad.uni...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Arabic UI translation complete...
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2018 01:42:58 GMT
Keith,

It is important to consider the fact that the help project for Arabic is at 1% and since it
isn’t required, why not release Arabic on the official release. I will explain.

Firstly, it will help if Arabic is available on the official release of OpenOffice as this
will only attract more Arabic users to it, and the more, the better. There is a high chance
that those users will spread the word and the project will receive more contributors that
will help the ‘help’ project for the language to be contributed towards to. Also, it does
not hurt to release Arabic on the official release, and with it released, users like myself
can review and test the software in Arabic for any bugs, or translation errors too. Please
consider this.

Regards
Ahmad

From: Keith N. McKenna<mailto:keith.mckenna@comcast.net>
Sent: 08 February 2018 00:34
To: l10n@openoffice.apache.org<mailto:l10n@openoffice.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Arabic UI translation complete...

On 2/7/2018 7:02 PM, Ahmad Alawsie wrote:
> Hi all,
>

>   1.  So I have, not long ago, sent out an email to this mailing list in regards to the
Arabic UI translation being finished, and I will remind you of what I said...
> Hi all,
>
> I have managed, in the last week or so since registering for the Pootle service, to complete
translating & reviewing the last 5000ish words remaining for the Arabic language, and
now I am wondering what happens. So on the website: https://www.openoffice.org/ar/ .... it
mentions how the translation of the user interface is at 94%, but that is when I joined the
Pootle service, and now it is at 100%, so shouldn’t the website mentioned above be updated
to announce that the Arabic language will be made available for Apache OpenOffice 4. 1. 5??
And will the Arabic language be made available for the newest version of OpenOffice?????

> Kind regards,
>
> Ahmad A
There are two projects for OpenOffice that need translating Apache
OpenOffice 4.x <https://translate.apache.org/ar/aoo40/> which is now at
100% and Apache OpenOffice 4.x Help
<https://translate.apache.org/ar/aoo40help/> which is only 1%. Though
the help is not required to be translated to be included in a release it
is much better if it is. The next step would be to work on translating
the help.

Regards
Keith
<snip>