openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Ahmad Alawsie <ahmad.uni...@hotmail.com>
Subject ENCOUNTERED A UNWORKING BUTTON - IMPORTANT
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2018 00:55:45 GMT
Hi all,

I hope everyone is doing well. I am mailing you all to raise awareness to an issue that I
have encountered whilst translating strings on the Apache Translate Pootle Service. So whilst
I’m translating, I decided to fiddle around with the website a little and came across an
issue that occurs not only in the Arabic translation section, but for all other languages
such as French, German, Italian and so on. Take a look at the picture below and be aware of
where my cursor is pointing at...

[cid:image001.png@01D39AF7.62347140]

So I am attempting to click the “Google translate (EN->AR) button”, and I expect it
to either open a new window directing me to the google translate page, or maybe a mini-window
on the current webpage I’m on, or at the very least, automatically translate the English
string to Arabic based on Google translation. None of that happens, though, and instead I
receive an error message at the bottom of the webpage saying “Google Translate Error. The
request is missing a valid API key”.

[cid:image005.png@01D39AF7.62347140]

I hope this makes sense to you all and am looking to hearing back from the relevant individual/s
on a solution to this issue, as the existence of that button is there to work, and not be
out of order. I would also like to express my interest in potentially helping you out with
fixing this and other related problems as I am a sufficiently experienced coder too and not
only a translator 😊

Thanks again everyone and I wish you all the best.

Regards,

Ahmad