openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Ahmad Alawsie <ahmad.uni...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: The suggestion mode does not make sense.....
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2018 10:48:37 GMT
I have considered the fact that teams work togrther in Pootle, so then what is the point of
the user “skyray1” having the ability to accept or reject the suggestion submitted by
“skyray1” himself. It contradicts the idea of teamword as i can submit 100 suggestions
for 100 different words and accept them all and that doesn’t underline teamwork? However
if i was only given the ability to submit a suggestion and only delete it, rather than accepting
or reject it, then that allows for the possibility of other translators to accept MY suggestion.

The whole point of MY OWN suggestion is for OTHERS to accept or reject it, i do not wanna
be able to do that for my own suggestions. This does not make sense especially considering
the ideology that Pootle is built team work based.

However, of course if i “skyray1” submit a suggestion and then log off my account and
view that suggestion as a guest, then the accept or reject should be visible im that case
as the system will not be able to see if the guest is “skyray1” and of course this could
be anyone contributing.

I hope you understood my thought process around this and can consider this...

Kind regards,
Ahmad Alawsie

> On 9 Feb 2018, at 10:37, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Ahmad Alawsie wrote:
>> i make a suggestion, why should the system allow me to accept or reject thay suggesting
if i am logged in as user skyray1...?

> Pootle is designed for teams working together. Things that do not make a lot of sense
when you are the only translator will make sense if you think about how a team should work.

> For example, if I want to do some translation fixes I will mark them as suggestions to
give another team member the possibility to review and approve them (even if I could approve
them myself). When we both agree the suggestions are good, then one of the two (he or me)
accepts the suggestions. So the interface is just right in this context.