openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Ahmad Alawsie <ahmad.uni...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: The suggestion mode does not make sense.....
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2018 11:58:13 GMT
No worries, if you say so, i tried to explain my thought process, but the decision is yours.
I respect it. Thanks for your cooperation.

Kind regards,
Ahmad Alawsie

> On 9 Feb 2018, at 11:55, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Ahmad Alawsie wrote:
>> The thing is if i, skyray1, accepted the suggestion by skyray1, it will submit the
translation and other users will not be able to see that suggestion as that string becomes
officially translated unless someone decides to change it.

> Yes, and this is exactly my example. Imagine you have two translators into Arabic, skyray1
and xyz.

> 1. User skyray1 enters suggestions, deliberately keeping them as suggestions (for the
reason above).

> 2. User xyz reviews them and tells (by e-mail) skyray1 to go ahead (and let's say he
leaves the final acceptance to skyray1, as skyray1 has best knowledge of that set of strings).

> 3. At this point, skyray1 goes back to his own suggestions and accepts them.
>
> This is a reasonable workflow used by Pootle teams, and step 3 explains why it is useful
to have this. It if still doesn't make sense to you, this is still the way other teams work,
so there is no reason to break it.