openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Ahmad Alawsie <ahmad.uni...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: The suggestion mode does not make sense.....
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2018 10:42:30 GMT
The thing is if i, skyray1, accepted the suggestion by skyray1, it will submit the translation
and other users will not be able to see that suggestion as that string becomes officially
translated unless someone decides to change it. I hope i am not being confusing here but i
am seeing ome side to this that perhaps you guys do not see.

Kind regards,
Ahmad Alawsie

> On 9 Feb 2018, at 10:37, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Ahmad Alawsie wrote:
>> i make a suggestion, why should the system allow me to accept or reject thay suggesting
if i am logged in as user skyray1...?

> Pootle is designed for teams working together. Things that do not make a lot of sense
when you are the only translator will make sense if you think about how a team should work.

> For example, if I want to do some translation fixes I will mark them as suggestions to
give another team member the possibility to review and approve them (even if I could approve
them myself). When we both agree the suggestions are good, then one of the two (he or me)
accepts the suggestions. So the interface is just right in this context.