openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Ahmad Alawsie <ahmad.uni...@hotmail.com>
Subject Check List feature on Pootle server not working up to standards...
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2018 22:39:18 GMT
Hi all,
I am reporting a supposed bug in regards to the check list feature that is on Pootle. So,
you know when a user submits a translation, and then when revisiting the string, if there
is an error with it, the check will fail and indicate a punctuation, whitespace ending, accelerator
and so on, as the reason for the fail. The issue I have encountered is to do with numbers.
For example, I translated a string that originally has no numbers within it, and I inserted
a number in the string that I submitted as a translation, and when revisiting the string,
I expected the string to have a failing check to do with numbers. However, that was not the
case, and I tested this with a few other strings by submitting a few other translations with
numbers, where the original strings have no numbers... the output was the same, no failing
check in regards to numbers.

I have raised this as an issue on Pootle’s repository (link at: https://github.com/translate/pootle/issues/6810),
and after informing the Pootle team of this issue, the assumed reasoning behind this bug occurring
is that because OpenOffice are using an outdated version of Pootle.

Regards,
Ahmad