openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The suggestion mode does not make sense.....
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2018 11:55:19 GMT
Ahmad Alawsie wrote:
> The thing is if i, skyray1, accepted the suggestion by skyray1, it will submit the translation
and other users will not be able to see that suggestion as that string becomes officially
translated unless someone decides to change it.

Yes, and this is exactly my example. Imagine you have two translators
into Arabic, skyray1 and xyz.

1. User skyray1 enters suggestions, deliberately keeping them as
suggestions (for the reason above).

2. User xyz reviews them and tells (by e-mail) skyray1 to go ahead (and
let's say he leaves the final acceptance to skyray1, as skyray1 has best
knowledge of that set of strings).

3. At this point, skyray1 goes back to his own suggestions and accepts them.

This is a reasonable workflow used by Pootle teams, and step 3 explains
why it is useful to have this. It if still doesn't make sense to you,
this is still the way other teams work, so there is no reason to break it.

Regards,
   Andrea.