openoffice-l10n mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Alternative solution for Pootle registration troubles...
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2018 07:47:34 GMT
Ahmad Alawsie wrote:
> I have raised this suggestion on Github: https://github.com/translate/pootle/issues/6805
where you can see what I think could be done to smoothen the registration process for a Pootle
account.

That one is not a Pootle issue, so you can close that issue. That is
just a matter of how we setup it. The current setup is that we prefer to
reduce spam, so new accounts are only created on request in all our
infrastructure (wiki, Pootle, everywhere). Still, even if we decided to
let user self-create an account, all these systems require e-mail
verification, so we would still have exactly the same problem.

Actually, creating accounts manually is the only way to have the
workaround available: we just force a temporary random password and send
it to the user.

Regards,
   Andrea.